Clarksville Downtown Market
The Clarksville Downtown Market is a weekly open-air market featuring local farmers and artisans who offer locally-grown fresh produce, food items, and handcrafted products. The Market strives to provide an opportunity for local customers to connect with local businesses while enhancing the quality of life in our community. Enjoy live music, meet our Market mascot, “Corny the Cob,” and experience activities on select market days.
Dates & TImes
Saturdays, May 25 through October 12, 2019
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM*
*Market hours are subject to change due to weather
1 Public Square
Clarksville, TN 37040
Farm to Market Dinner
For one night only the Clarksville Downtown Market and Altra Federal Credit Union will bring local foods directly to your table. Show your support for the Clarksville Downtown Market by gathering to experience the pleasures of eating local. All of the vegetables, herbs, meats, fruits, and desserts served are grown, produced, and made locally by the Clarksville Downtown Market vendors. Enjoy great food, live music and the company of others. Purchase your tickets soon -- it sells out quickly!
Date & Time
Saturday, August 10, 2019
6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
The first 75 tickets will be sold exclusively at the Clarksville Downtown Market on June 1, 2019 for $45 each.
Tickets will be available for purchase online beginning June 10, 2019 for $55 each.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
A community favorite and shopping destination, the Clarksville Downtown Market on Public Square, offers a variety of events. Festivities are free of charge and diverse, offering something for visitors of all ages looking to have a great time at one of Clarksville’s most treasured gathering places. Festivities will offer something for visitors of all ages are planned throughout the market season. They include:
- Green Day -- June 8
- Corn Shucking Contests -- June 15 & 29, July 13 & 27
- Veggie Day -- June 22
- Summer Grilling -- July 6
- Food Truck Takeover -- July 20
- Health & Fitness Day -- Aug. 3
- Farm to Market Dinner presented by Altra Federal Credit Union -- Aug. 10
- National Honeybee Day -- Aug. 17
- Market Scavenger Hunt -- Aug. 24
- College Football Saturday -- Aug. 31
- Fun with Fido -- Oct. 5
- Closing Day -- Oct. 12
Pop-Up Markets & fOOD TRUCK RALLY
Stop by to shop fresh produce and meats from a handful of market vendors and eat from a variety of food trucks on select days from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. SNAP benefits will be accepted.
- June 13, July 11, Aug 8, Sept 12 at McGregor Park
- June 27, July 25, Aug 22, Sept 26 at Heritage Park
Create art with artlink
Artists of all ages can participate in free art activities each week provided by Art Link.
BECOME A VENDOR
Vendors selling local produce, dairy, honey, flowers, cheeses, meats, food products, baked goods/breads, and artisan items are strongly encouraged to apply, but all applicants will be considered. At least 75% of a vendor’s items must be handmade, homegrown or gathered by the seller or family member. No resale or auction items allowed.
TDA Famers Market Compliance Guide
Interested vendors can apply online at the link below. All vendors are required to submit photos of their products, and produce vendors must complete a farm inspection conducted by our Market Manager. Applications must be submitted by March 15 to be considered.
Applications have closed. If interested in participating as a fill-in vendor or to be added to the waiting list, apply online.
- Friday, March 15: Application deadline
No applications for opening day will be accepted after this date
- Friday, March 23: Accepted vendors will be notified no later than this date
- April To Be Determined (TBD): Meeting for accepted vendors with the Market Manager
- Friday, April 26: All vendor fees and contracts due
Vendor fees include one 10 x 10 tent, 8-foot table, chair, and access to electricity.
- Full-time vendor: $225 (All 20 dates)
- Part-time vendor: $175 (10 dates, Group A or Group B)
- Fill-in vendor: $25 per day
- Full-time food truck: $700 (All 20 dates)
- Part-time food truck: $45 per day
- Entertainers: no fee
All Vendors must submit their vendor contract a minimum of 3 weeks before the date they wish to set up at the Market.
* Fill-in or part-time vendor
ABOUT THE MARKET
The Clarksville Downtown Market is a weekly open-air market featuring local farmers and artisans who offer locally-grown fresh produce, food items, and handcrafted products. The Market has been running May through October each year since 2009 and strives to provide an opportunity for local customers to connect with local businesses, while enhancing quality of life in our community. Enjoy live music, meet our Market mascot, "Corny the Cob," and experience special events on select market days.
- Provide access to local food choices and serve as a community-gathering place with a positive atmosphere
- Offer area farmers, producers, and artisans sustainable business opportunities
- Foster a sense of local pride while furthering the economic development of Clarksville and surrounding communities
The Clarksville Downtown Market has been connecting local producers and artisans with local shoppers every Saturday from May through October since it was established in 2009. Fresh produce and handcrafted items are available from a variety of regional farmers, small businesses, and non-profits at the outdoor market on Public Square in Historic Downtown Clarksville, Tennessee.
The market offers:
- Live music
- Potted flowers and herbs
- Seasonal fruits
- So much more
- Live music
- Potted flowers and herbs
- Seasonal fruits
- So much more
Ready-to-consume items vary from weekend to weekend but may include:
- hot dogs
- kettle corn
- breakfast items
- Mexican cuisine
Growing & Flourishing
The market continues to grow and flourish because of the support of the City of Clarksville, our hard-working vendors, and the loyal market customers who purchase items each week. Since the Market's introduction, it has grown from 16 vendors to over 70. In 2015, the Clarksville Downtown Market has been voted the Number 1 farmers market in Tennessee through www.farmland.org for a 6th straight season. Find out more about our ranking on the Farmland website.
The Clarksville Downtown Market is managed by the staff and personnel of Clarksville Parks + Recreation. Past special events include:
- Ask Your Forrester
- Dog Days
- Scavenger Hunt
- Summer Grilling
- Water-a-Flower Day
- Christmas in July
Pets are welcome at the market every Saturday, but please keep dogs on a leash and be aware that on sunny days the pavement at Public Square can become very hot.
Press & Accolades
- Farmland website ranked us the #1 farmers market in Tennessee in 2015.
- The Leaf-Chronicle
- The Daily Meal ranked us #40 on their "Best 101 Farmers' Markets in America 2015" list.
- Fort Campbell Courier coverage of the 2015 Market, including interviews with vendors.
- ClarksvilleNow event promo video for the Market, featuring previous Market Manager, Robert Rayburn:
2014 & earlier
From 2009 through 2015, the Clarksville Downtown Market has been ranked #1 in Tennessee by the Farmland website, and was ranked 11th nationally in 2013.
Follow the Clarksville Downtown Market on Facebook for more info!