- When do I need a building permit?
- Where do I obtain an electrical permit?
- What is the number for Tennessee One-Call?
- How do I know if I'm dealing with a reputable contractor?
- Where can I obtain a book that contains all building codes for City of Clarksville?
- How do I get my property rezoned?
- What are the required inspections for new construction?
- How Long Is a Permit Valid?
- Is it okay to remove the handrails from the steps?
Reminder: No permits issued after 3:30 p.m.
No payments are accepted over the phone or mail. In person only.
Scheduling Inspections: Building and Codes: (931) 645-7426
- Inspections performed Monday – Friday 8:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
- Contractor to provide permit information upon scheduling inspection.
- Inspections can be scheduled from 9:00-2:00pm, at one hour intervals, no appointment times during 12:00-12:59 P.M.
- Same day inspections called in before 8:00 A.M.
- Framing, Rough in, and Final Inspections scheduled for next day after 8:00 A.M.
- Footing inspections - same day service- 2 hour timeline.
- Foundation inspections-same day service- 2 hour timeline.
- Electrical underground inspections-same day service- 2 hour timeline.
- Water and sewer inspections-same day service-2 hour timeline.
- Inspections for open ditches, foundations, and footings/slabs called in after 2:00 will be scheduled next day.
- Appointment times scheduled as required.
- Contractor shall be on site for all scheduled appointment times.
- Re-inspection required for all rejected inspections.
Fee's for sub permits are listed on the applications, per trade. Listed below.
- Adopted Codes
- Building Permit Fees, 2020
- Commercial Building Application
- Commercial Permitting Process (PDF)
- Commercial Sign Application (PDF)
- Electrical Contractor Information (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Nonstandard Form (PDF)
- ICC Revised Span Tables (PDF)
- Mechanical and Gas Permits (PDF)
- Mechanical Fees
- New Construction Information (PDF)
- Plumbing Fees (PDF)